Do you have dream of been a Nurse and want to know the Top Nursing Schools in Nigeria. You don’t need to worry your self anymore because you are in the right page. In this article we will introduce to you the Best Schools for Nursing in Nigeria and How to apply for nursing School in Nigerian for both domestic and international students.
Nursing is a noble profession that demands dedication, compassion and special knowledge to provide the best possible care to sick or injured patients. Nursing is an essential part of the healthcare systems in every country.
Who is a Nurse?
Before we dive into the business of the day, it will be good you know who a nurse is. A nurse is a person who have undergone certain programs on how to give care to sick or injured.
Duties of A Nurse
It will also good you know the duties of a nurse, based on our research we where able to come up with some of this duties.
- The conduct physical examination on patients
- The draw blood and perform other physical related testing on patients.
- They coordinate and provide care to patients.
- They counsel and educate patients on health care.
- Take detailed health care history.
- Give listening ears to patients and analyze there physical/emotional needs.
How to Apply for Nursing School
Before you apply for nursing school, you need to make research on which program is good for you. You also need to be sure the school you are applying to is offering that particular programs. Here are some the requirements for schools of nursing.
- You must have O’Level result with minimum of 5 credit.
- You must be 16+ and Above.
- Pregnancy Regulation (Make sure you are not pregnant before applying).
- Make sure you know your chances of getting admission.
- Purchase you preferred school form.
- Write the Entrance Exam.
- Attend the oral interview.
- Submit your documents.
Best Schools for Nursing in Nigeria
University of Ibadan College of Nursing
University of Ibadan is a government owned college of nursing situated in Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria. The institution was founded 1948 as university college Ibadan. The institution is known for its comprehensive nursing program and commitment to excellence. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, providing student with strong foundation in nursing theory and practical skills.
Obafemi Awolowo University School of Nursing
The Obafemi Awolowo University is located in Ife, Osun State, the institution was founded 1961 as university of Ife. It was renamed to Obafemi Awolowo University in 1967 in honor of Obafemi Awolowo. the nursing department is also one of the best in Nigeria, admissions are opened to both domestic and international students.
Ahmadu Bello University Department of Nursing Science
Ahmadu Bello University is a federal government owned university situated in Zaria, Kaduna State. The institution was founded October 4, 1962 as the university of Northern Nigeria. Based of research, the department of nursing science at Ahmadu Bello offers the most advanced nursing program both theoretically and Practical Wise.
University of Nigeria School of Nursing
The university of Nigeria School of Nursing is a federal government owned school of nursing located at Utuku Ozalla Enugu, Enugu State. The institution is committed to producing compassionate and skilled nursing students. The school curriculum emphasis both theoretical knowledge and practical experiences.
Other Top Schools for Nursing in Nigeria
The above mentioned are not the only best nursing schools in Nigeria. There are other good nursing school in the country and here are some of them:
- University of Abuja School of Nursing, Gwagwalada.
- School of Nursing, University if Benin (UNIBEN)
- School of Nursing Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
- School of Nursing Akure, Ondo State.
- School of Nursing Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State
- School of Nursing, Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital.
- Master School of Nursing, Ebonyi State.
- School of Nursing, University of Jos.
- School of Nursing, Lagos State Teaching Hospital.
- Oyo State College of Nursing Midwifery.